With the right care, you will be able to enjoy many happy years with your La-Z-Boy furniture as a continual source of pride and satisfaction. Here are a few tips to get the most from your fabric upholstery.
- Avoid snagging. Items such as jewellery, watches and buckles can all catch and pull threads from your upholstery. If a thread becomes snagged, cut it short so it will be less noticeable.
- Arms receive a good deal of wear. Matching arm caps can be purchased if required to offer additional protection.
- Hair, oil or grease can all soil head pillows. Headset covers can help prevent wear to this area.
- Avoid direct sunlight. Position your furniture out of sunlight if possible, or draw curtains or blinds to protect it.
- Clean regularly to keep colours bright. Vacuum the upholstery and go over it with a soft brush. NEVER use a stiff fibre or metal brush, as this will damage the fabric.
- Wet cleaning is not recommended unless otherwise specified. Washing the fabric can cause colours to bleed.
Acrylic (Dralon and similar) velvets will crease and crush during normal use, creating random shading. These are not wear marks, but simply pile displacement. This is an inherent characteristic of this type of fabric and is nothing to worry about.
Looking after your leather will ensure a long and lustrous life. You can purchase specialist La-Z-Boy leather care kits from us by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details.
The following information should help you make the most of your leather furniture.
- Leather is naturally inclined to stretch and will show as creasing to cushion tops. On deep buttoned furniture this can lead to opening of pleats. This is normal for this type of upholstery.
- Natural marks are not faults – they are features of genuine leather.
- Keep leather dust-free by wiping regularly with a soft cloth or duster.
- If soiled, wipe gently with a damp cloth and dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Leather care kits are available for your La-Z-Boy furniture. How often you need to use them will depend on your lifestyle.
- Furniture kept in an especially dry place, such as by a radiator, may benefit from conditioning with a proprietary hide food. Once a year should be sufficient.
- NEVER use spray polish or other chemical-based products, saddle soap or abrasive cleaners on your leather furniture.
Find out more about natural leather characteristics.